Residential Mentors live in one of the four homes we have on our campus here in eastern, Tennessee. We have two homes for girls and two homes for boys. Mentors could be asked to serve in any of the four homes, based on need.
While we can be flexible on start and end dates, Residential Mentors typically serve for 1 year. A common timeline is from the end of an August through the middle of the following August. We are currently hiring Mentors to begin January 2019 or as soon as possible if available (ex. if the applicant has already graduated or is not currently in school).
1. Strong commitment to Christ
2. Cheerful, affectionate, outgoing disposition (non-critical spirit)
3. Servant oriented exhorter – ready to do the “dirty work” and model how it’s done
4. A desire to teach and model Biblical values
5. Team player – must support, encourage and cooperate with Houseparents and Residential Director, especially when duties overlap
6. Enjoys problem solving
7. Looking for creative ministry opportunity before, during or after college
8. Responsive to authority and supervision
What We Will Do
Mentors are Godly and committed singles who fill a dynamic and important role within our ministry. They serve Monday through Friday, and enjoy a time of respite each weekend. They also enjoy about 7 weeks of break throughout the year. Mentors are provided with room and board and they also receive a monthly stipend.
1. Mentoring/tutoring 1-3 students in daily academics under direction of school Principal/Headmaster
2. Affirmation and discipline of students under supervision of Houseparents and Residential Director
3. Maintaining the schedule during Houseparents’ days off including the preparation of meals
4. Recreational supervision in afternoons
5. Proficiency in administering the Ranch Levels Program
6. Modeling servant-leadership in day to day living
7. Daily supervision of children including chores – i.e. laundry, room cleaning, and kitchen duties
Inquiry About Residential Mentor- 1 year