Executive Director Seth Barnes founded Adventures in Missions in 1989. He worked out of his garage to lead nearly 1,000 youth to the mission field over the next three years. In 1992, the demand for trips exploded and Seth moved Adventures from his home to a storefront office.
In 2000, Adventures expanded its programs beyond its original focus on youth groups. Since then, we’ve sent thousands of adults, families, and college students to minister around the world.
The first World Race team went out in 2006. This original team of 25 blazed a trail that thousands have followed. Every year, this powerful ministry takes hundreds of young adults to serve in 11 countries in 11 months.
To date, Adventures has taken over 100,000 people into the mission field. We also have full-time ministry bases all over the world.
We exist to mobilize a generation of radical Christ followers, discipling and training them to establish the Kingdom of God.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is authoritative and infallible in the original writings.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that faith in our Lord Jesus Christ is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and eternal life.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ.
Adventures in Missions - What We Do
We go, plan, organize, implement, and lead mission trips as a response to God.
We go on missions:
Because we share God’s heart for the lost
To reach the lost for Jesus
To train participants how to hear God’s voice
To disciple other Christians, especially youth, to reach the lost until Christ returns.
Our ultimate hope is that your desire for God’s kingdom to come here on earth will outgrow our programmatic capacity. Short-term missions is the vehicle through which we mobilize people onto life-long discipleship, long-term missions. Not only do we desire for your perspective to change but for your life to be transformed; to see a generation radical and sold out for God.
You must be logged in to see this information